Home » Our Exhibits » Our Aircraft » Aeronca Champion CF-IHU

The Aeronca Aircraft Corporation was established in November 1928 in Middletown, Ohio. It was the first company to build a truly light aircraft. The 7AC Champ(ion) was designed in tandem with the 11AC Chief; it first flew in 1944 and went into full production the following year, taking advantage of a growing post-war market.

Aeronca Champ, C-FEJJ, was donated to the Bushplane Centre by Dan Campbell of St. Joseph Island.


Registration: CF-IHU
Model: Aeronca Champ
Operator: private
Wingspan: 35' 2"
Length: 21' 6"
Engine: 65 hp Continental A65-8
Facility Rentals Northern Nature Trading Bushplane Productions Our Aircraft Ontario Provincial Air Service
pinterest Facebook Twitter