This helicopter is being restored in the configuration of one owned by the Ontario Lands and Forests in 1953. That helicopter was the first to be owned by a government agency in Canada. Our Bell 47D was donated to the CBHC by Canadore College in North Bay. The Bell 47 was the first helicopter allowed for civilian use.
Model: Bell 47D
Operator: Ontario Lands and Forests
Wingspan: 35' 1"
Length: 41' 2"
Engine: Franklin 6V4-200-C32 200hp